Friday, February 25, 2011

Chocolate Frog


It took longer than I thought it would to find a picture that would work well with this project. I am most proud of how I cropped the puppy and was able to give his mouth, collar, and eyes their original color back. I think I did very well with my creativity in this project because I chose a different liquid to work with and had to find my own perfect color for it. My favorite aspect of this project was creating the drips and giving the parts of the subject the original color back. I think it made this project come to life even more so. My least favorite aspect was choosing a picture because it was pretty difficult to find a really good one. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate this project at an 8 because it was a very interesting experience turning a normal frog into a frog covered in chocolate and turning a normal puppy into a puppy covered in wine.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! these look darn good! the frog looks impeccable. and the puppy looks great. it's not really possible to do a truly realistic liquid on a furry subject because you can't mat down the fur, but you've done about as good a job as one could. the only thing i would have liked to see are highlights on the wine drips. but maybe that was a creative choice.

    great work.

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 100
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete